In addition to holding courses at Monticello House; Study Centre, Anglo Educational Services partners with Birkbeck – University of London to provide accredited courses that complement our internship services which one of the largest and most established colleges under the University of London.
For the growing number of undergraduates on an internship in London, enrolling at Birkbeck will mean they have a course-load sufficient to obtain credit towards their degree program at their home campus. It will ensure that they fulfil their required study time in London and balance their internship practicum contact hours, according to UKVI visa regulations. At Birkbeck, students under AES will be treated as University of London students. They will carry student ID and have full access to the university’s extensive library, IT and student facilities.
In addition to this partnership AES is also able to provide total curricular offerings, designed to complement any academic program. For additional information on this service please contact us.
London Semester Programme
Students are able to choose from a selection of courses in humanities and social sciences, with the view of taking one to four each semester. This will depend on whether they are pursuing a London Semester programme only or undergoing courses in conjunction with an internship.
Through its relationship with Birkbeck, AES offers visiting undergraduates a wide range of courses on the college’s London semester programme. These courses are conducted and supervised by University of London teaching staff, who follow the academic policies of both students’ home institutions and the University of London. Birkbeck also provides transcripts verifying the courses taken and the grades awarded.
Students interning during the fall and spring semesters will enrol in two or three Birkbeck modules chosen from approximately 18 available options. Transcripts for these courses will be issued by Birkbeck. For summer internships Birkbeck offers up to 6 courses and you will take one course in conjunction with an unpaid internship for the duration of the 8 week program. If you are on an AES internship program as part of a group, your study arrangements may be slightly different. You may be based at AES’ Study Centre at Monticello House and take classes with your fellow students.
Bloomsbury Summer Programme
- Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors in good academic & disciplinary standing
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- All majors are eligible
- Application deadline: 1st March 2016
- Programme dates: 1st June- 23rd July 2016
- Programme fee: $7950.00*
In partnership with Birkbeck, University of London, AES provides students the opportunity to study and intern in London. The Bloomsbury Summer Programme runs for eight weeks during the summer, allowing students to gain practical experience while earning academic credit. Students participate in an internship placement where professionalism and a firm commitment are expected. In addition, programme participants enrol in one class (module) at Birkbeck, University of London. Students will receive full support during the placement process and throughout their stay in the UK.
Birkbeck, University of London
Join other international students at Birkbeck, University of London. Participants will be enrolled as fulltime students at Birkbeck, giving them access to the facilities at the university including the Student Union, IT labs and library. The course offering can be found here.
Students are housed in safe and secure neighbourhoods in central London (Zone 1 or 2). Although conveniently located near a variety of attractions and shopping, students may need to commute to their internship site. This provides interns a real London workday experience. All flats have a full kitchen and lounge area, with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms which accommodate between three and eight interns, depending on the number of bedrooms. The flats include weekly cleaning and basic internet access.
London Professional Internship Programme
If you would like to see our full-time internship programme which does not include a course there are different requirements for this, click here for more information.
What happens next?
- Identification of appropriate internship placements (20 hours a week)
- Arrangement of interviews relevant to confirming the placements
- Guidelines on applying for required UK visa required
- Arrangement 8 weeks accommodation in shared flats in central London
- Arrival orientation in London
- Dedicated Internship Manager and Student Liaison Officer
- Supervision of the placements
- Regular documented contact with site supervisor
- Access to Birkbeck, University of London teaching staff
- 1 course at Birkbeck, University of London
- 24 hour computing facilities at Birkbeck, University of London
- University of London Student Union Membership
- Access to Birkbeck and other University of London libraries
- Transcript for academic courses from Birkbeck, University of London
- Submission of a final assessment of the intern’s performance
- Grade report from AES
- 24 hour Freephone emergency number
- Access to AES discounted tickets and events
Click Here if you would like to see our Internship student testimonials.
Get in touch to find the perfect internship programme for you!I want an internship!