What WE can do for YOU
There are many factors to consider when searching for the right internship. You should think about the skills you can offer an organisation, as well as what you would like to get out of the placement in return. A good internship should offer benefits to both the student and the organisation.
Anglo Educational Services is able to arrange unpaid internship placements for students in a variety of fields, giving them a hands-on experience of the UK’s business culture. Recognised by the QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education) and a UKVI Tier 4 Licenced Sponsor, AES works with universities and colleges to organise short-term and semester-length academic programmes, the cornerstone of which is our prestigious London Internship programme.
What we need YOU to do for US
The first step is to ensure that your CV(resume) and covering letter are accurate, up-to-date and reflective of your experiences and goals. A vague CV(resume) will leave your placement to chance, whereas a well thought through one will help both AES and potential companies get a good idea of what type of placement would best suit you. You may wish to use our guidelines to assist you in writing your CV(resume) and covering letter.
There are many organisations ready to offer students some great experiences. Don’t overlook ones you’ve never heard of in favour of the big global names. In a smaller organisation you may be asked to take on a wider variety of roles and therefore gain more knowledge. Those who are flexible and open-minded often have greater opportunities.
How does the application process work?
1. WE RECEIVE AND EXAMINE YOUR APPLICATION Once your application has been received by our internship team, they will check it through before approaching appropriate companies. With hundreds of contacts across all major industries, in organisations large and small, we will ensure that you receive a top-choice placement in your chosen field.
2. ORGANISE A SKYPE INTERVIEW Our internships coordinator will organise a Skype interview with you to find out more about your persona.When a suitable placement has been identified, you will be contacted with further details. In some instances, companies may request a telephone or Skype interview. It is important that you contact them straight away to arrange this.
3. WE FIND YOU A PLACEMENT Following confirmation of your internship, you will receive an email from AES with all the required details, such as information about the organisation, your supervisor and visa application process (if necessary). It is recommended that you remain in contact with your company ahead of your placement, in order to prepare for when you arrive.
4. ARRANGE YOUR HOUSING Once you have your placement AES can arrange your housing – either for your first few nights or for your whole stay in London.
5. INTRODUCTION TO INTERNSHIPS On arrival in London, you will receive a full orientation covering internships and life in the UK. This will include everything from how to get around, where to find cheap groceries and clothes and what to do if you feel unwell, to defining exactly what ‘smart casual’ means! It will be an opportunity to ask questions, meet your peers and get to know the AES Study Centre and our staff. We pride ourselves on our interaction with students, and our staff will be available during your entire placement for drop in-visits to talk about your experience, how your internship is progressing and provide any general assistance you may need.
6. ORGANISE BIRKBECK CLASSES Any non-EU passport holders are required to undertake courses in order to comply with UKVI visa requirements. Studies will take place over two-and-a-half days per week and the placement will be up to 20 hours a week.During the academic year, AES works with Birkbeck, University of London, to offer students the opportunity to study at a world-class university and receive a transcript. A choice of approximately 17 courses are available for both the spring and fall semesters, and students will typically undertake two to three courses alongside their internship.
If you are interested in applying for an internship or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us and we will send you the online application form and details of costs.
Get in touch to find the perfect internship programme for you!I want an internship!