The London Professional Internship Programme offers you a full time placement (25 to 35 hours a week). AES will source a suitable internship for you based on your degree, experience and future career plans. There is no requirement to study while you are in the UK. We generally work with medium to small sized companies. In our experience, smaller companies can offer a more hands on experience for you. We will ensure that all placements follow a learning agreement, so that you are able to gain a variety of skills & are exposed to as many aspects of British business as possible. You will have a supervisor who will closely monitor your work. We choose organisations that are able to offer one to one support for their interns.
• Full time degree level student or have graduated within the last 6 months
• Over 18 years old
• Fluent English
All non EU passport holders will need to apply for a Tier 5 UK visa. AES works in conjunction with BUNAC who will act as your visa sponsor. For more information on the BUNAC Intern in Britain programme please see the BUNAC website – EU passport holders do not need a visa to intern in the UK.
• Skype pre-placement interview with experienced AES staff
• Internship within a suitable organisation
• AES will ensure the training plan is compliant with visa requirements
• Comprehensive pre-departure materials
• Dedicated Internship Co-ordinator & Student Services Manager
•Full support during your placement including access to the AES internship office
• Access to AES discounted tickets and events
Additional costs (not included in the AES programme fee):
• Airfare to/from UK. Please check here for our special discounted rates for AES students
• BUNAC Tier 5 sponsorship fee (approx. $755)
• UK Visa fee (approx. £225)
• Travel Insurance (BUNAC can offer appropriate insurance)
• Support funds $1500 (paid internship) or $2500 (unpaid internship)
• Housing. AES is able to assist with finding accommodation in central London, please click here for more information
The London Professional Internship Programme runs year round. You should apply to AES at least 4 months before your anticipated internship start date. This is to allow enough time to source a suitable placement and for you to apply for your UK visa.
Take the next step in your professional career!Apply Now